How To Open Locked Samsung J5 Phone?
The most common scenario is forgetting the password, screen lock code, pattern lock, or PIN of your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) that you just set last night or a few days ago.
As a result, you’ve been locked out of your phone and must reset your device’s password.
In that case, you must unlock the phone by circumventing or removing all types of locks. There are various methods for unlocking your phone.
As a result, we have provided several methods on How To Open a Locked Samsung J5 Phone
HOW TO UNLOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY J5 (2016) WITHOUT DATA LOSS?
Let’s begin with a commonly asked question: how to unlock a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) phone if you forgot the pattern lock, password, screen lock, or PIN without a factory reset and data loss.
I changed the password on my Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) last night, but I forgot it today and am now locked out of my phone. How do I unlock my Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) without erasing my data?
This frequently asked question can be found all over the internet. If you are one of them looking for a way to unlock or reset the password without losing data, you have come to the right place.
How to Remove the Pattern Lock on a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Without a Factory Reset
You can bypass the lock screen, pattern lock, password, and PIN on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) without performing a factory/hard reset. These methods do not wipe out your data, user information, or personal files.
The majority of them, however, are Google and Android-related. These are the most effective methods for unlocking the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) if you have forgotten the pattern lock, password, or PIN without performing a factory reset.
- Android Device Manager or Google Find My Device
- Samsung Find My Phone
- Account Google
- Google Security Concerns
- Android SDK Utility
- Call in an Emergency
Here are the specifics and step-by-step instructions for unlocking or reset Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) password without performing a factory reset or losing data.
Method 1: How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) using Google Find My Device?
How to Unlock a Google Find My Device-Locked Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Without a Password and Without Losing Data
The Android Device Manager, on the other hand, is another way to unlock your phone without losing data or being locked by the Find My Device option. To reset the pattern lock or password on the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016), you must first enable Android Device Manager on your phone.
Fortunately, ADM will be activated as soon as you log in to your phone with your Google account information. Google Find My Device is a popular app for tracking down a misplaced phone.
You will be allowing Google to use your location information, phone information, and connection log to locate your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016). Follow the steps below to unlock the password on a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) without losing data using ADM.
- From another smartphone or computer, navigate to google.com/android/find.
- Sign in with the Google account you used to unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) smartphone.
- You will see your locked Samsung Galaxy J5 when the Android Device Manager dashboard appears (2016). There are also three options: Ring, Lock, and Erase.
- Now, press the “Lock” button.
- You will see the new lock screen here. To unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5, enter a password that is not your Google account password in the “New Password” field (2016).
- In the “Confirm password” field, enter the new password once more. This password lock will take the place of your existing lock screen on the android multi-tool.
- Fill in the optional “Recovery message” field with any message. So you can leave it blank or fill it with whatever you want.
- Likewise, enter your alternate phone number in the “Phone number” field. That is, however, optional.
- After entering the password and filling out the optional field, click the “Lock” button.
- If the process is successful, you will see a confirmation message and your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) device will be unlocked within a few seconds.
- When your device is unlocked, navigate to the “Settings” menu and select “Screen Settings.”
- Remove the temporary password and enter a new one. You are free to use the temporary password at any time.
However, Android Device Manager or Google Find My Device will only unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) if the following conditions are met.
- Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) must be turned on.
- Before you can lock your phone, you must first enable the Android Device Manager or Google Find My Device.
- Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)’s GPS must be turned on.
- To log in to your Google account, your device must be connected to WiFi.
- You must enable location services on your phone.
Method 2: How to Bypass Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Screen Lock using Samsung “Find My Mobile.”?
When you forget your password, pattern, or PIN and have a Samsung account on the locked device, you can unlock it.
If you want to unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) without losing any data, you should try this method first. Follow the steps below to bypass the screen lock, password, or PIN on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and unlock your phone immediately.
- Navigate to findmymobile.samsung.com and select the “Sign in” option.
- Log in with your Samsung account information. You should log in with the same account that you used to unlock your locked Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) device.
- Now, in the left menu, select the “Lock my screen” option.
- Fill in the “Set Unlock PIN to unlock the screen” field at the top with a new PIN.
- Now, at the bottom, click the “Lock” button.
- Wait a few minutes, and Samsung Find My Mobile will replace your current lock screen password with your recently written PIN code, unlocking your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016).
If you follow all of the steps above correctly, Samsung Find My Mobile will unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) phone without losing any data.
Method 3: How to Remove the Pattern Lock on a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Using a Google Account
The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) can be unlocked using the simple forgot pattern, PIN or password, and Google account login method. It is a simple method, but it only works if you remember your Google account login information from your locked device.
This method will not result in any data loss from your device. Follow the steps below to remove the pattern lock, PIN, or forgot password from your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016).
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) smartphone.
- Five times, enter or type the incorrect pattern, password, or PIN.
- When you try to log in with the incorrect pattern, you will see the “Forgot pattern” option. Now, select the “Forgot pattern” option.
- Enter your backup PIN or the ID and forgot password for your Google account.
- Click the “OK” or “Sign in” button now.
- Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) phone will then be unlocked.
Method 4: How to Reset the Pattern Lock on a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Using Google Security Questions
How do you unlock a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) if you have forgotten your PIN, pattern, or password? If you forgot your PIN, you could easily reset the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) pattern lock using Google security questions.
This method requires you to answer a few security questions that you set up when you created your Google account. To unlock and reset the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) password, pattern lock, or PIN, follow the steps below.
- By pressing the power button, you can turn on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016).
- Similarly to unlocking by Google account, repeatedly enter the incorrect password or pattern until you see the “Forgot pattern” option.
- Now, tap the “Forgot pattern” button to bring up the unlock screen.
- To unlock the screen, you will see two options: Answer questions and enter your Google account information. Choose “Answer the question.”
- Now, write down the exact security answers you gave when you created your Google account.
- Click the “Unlock” button to the right.
- Now, from the “YES” or “NO” menu, select “YES,” and the password field will appear.
- Create a new password, PIN, or pattern.
- Wait for the process to finish, and your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) will be unlocked in a few seconds.
Method 5: Using the Android SDK Tool, Delete the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Password, PIN, or Pattern.
How do I unlock my Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) phone from a computer without factory resetting it and losing all of my data? If you previously enabled USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) device, you will be able to unlock your phone’s password, pattern, or PIN without deleting data.
This method is only for advanced users who can run an ADB command prompt. You will also need a desktop or laptop computer to delete the password. Now, read the steps below and take them as directed.
- Download and install the Android SDK Tool on your computer.
- Connect the USB cable from your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) phone to the computer.
- In the ADB directory, launch the command prompt.
- Now, type “ADB shell rm /data/system/gesture. the key” and press the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) device to clear your lock screen, pattern, password, or PIN.
- Before restarting, go to the “Screen Settings” option and create a new pattern, password, or forgot password.
Method 6: How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) using Emergency Call?
If you forgot your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) forgot password and want to unlock it using the emergency call feature, follow the steps below. There is, however, a catch to this method.
Only devices running Android 5.0 or lower will be able to unlock their phones using emergency calls and without losing data. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) using an emergency call.
- Swipe your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) to unlock it.
- Now, select “Emergency” to make an emergency call.
- Ten or twelve times, type a string of special symbols such as asterisks.
- Copy and paste the symbols onto the screen.
- Tap on the screen once more to paste your copied symbols.
- Rep this procedure 10-12 times until you are unable to paste any string.
- To open the app, go to the lock screen and tap on the “Camera” icon.
- Swipe down from the top of the notification bar.
- Now, go to the device settings by tapping on the gear icon at the top of the screen.
- Long tap and paste the copied symbols when the password option appears.
- Paste the strings several times until this option is no longer available.
- Continue to paste the symbols until the UI crashes.
- The camera app will crash within a few seconds, and the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) will be unlocked.
VIDEO: How To Open Locked Samsung J5 Phone
All of the methods described above are for unlocking the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) smartphone. These methods are intended solely for general and educational purposes.
We strongly advise you to use these methods only on your device; additionally, you can use these tips to unlock as a technician by adhering to the actual owner’s permission, legal, and manufacturer guidelines.
FAQs about How To Open Locked Samsung J5 Phone
Is it possible to unlock a Samsung J5?
All Samsung Galaxy J5 unlocks are permanent, which means that once unlocked, the phone will remain unlocked even if you factory reset it or update the software.
What is the Samsung 8-digit unlock code?
Enter 00000000 (eight zeros), and the message Sim lock disabled with a check mark will appear; your phone is now unlocked for use with other carriers.
What is the master PIN for all phones?
Phones do not have a single master pin to unlock them because each is unique to the phone based on what the user enters when setting it up. They may have a SIM pin that is set to 0000 or 1234 by default, but that is the SIM card pin and can be changed by the user.