How to Connect Laptop to Samsung Smart Tv Wireless? If you ever wanted your TV to serve as a computer, then Samsung QLED TV and Smart Monitor will grant your request.
There are two ways to remotely access your computer when you need to access files or call into a conference meeting: via a remote PC connection or wireless screen sharing.
You don’t even need to be computer skilled to do it.
All you need is a suitable Laptop with Windows PC, Mac, or Smart Monitor to set up the various functionalities.
Note: This feature is only accessible on TVs and Smart Monitors from 2019 and newer.
Remote access is available only on PCs running Windows 7 Professional or later. A network connection is required for your devices.
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung Smart Tv Wireless?
Here is how to Connect a Laptop to a Samsung Smart TV
- Press the Home button on your TV remote to display your computer’s screen on your TV.
- Select Source, then PC on TV, and then Screen Sharing from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust your desired settings and wirelessly connect the TV to a computer by following the on-screen directions.
Casting vs. Screen Mirroring
As technology advances, so does the terminology that goes along with it. We now commonly use terminology like “screen mirroring” and “casting,” which can be somewhat perplexing.
What exactly do they all imply? All you need to know is that both let you stream films, photographs, and other media from your smartphone to your smart TV. However, if you want a more detailed explanation, we have one for you right here.
See Other Related Articles:
Best Samsung Laptop (Top 7 Today!)
How to Stream Peacock On Samsung TV? (Solved!)
How To Fix Samsung TV Screen [Step-by-Step]
What is screen mirroring, and how does it work?
This feature allows you to mirror what’s on the screen of your phone to a larger screen, such as a smart TV.
Whatever is on your phone will appear on the TV, whether it’s a video, a photo, or a Settings menu. When you do something on your phone (such as navigating to another app), it will appear on the other screen as well.
Smart View is the name of the screen mirroring feature on Samsung devices. By just touching the Smart View icon and following a few simple steps, you can quickly mirror your screen.
The screen mirroring feature on iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it accomplishes the same thing – it mirrors photos, movies, and other data. Utilizing AirPlay is comparable to using Smart View, although it’s a little different.
It’s a terrific way to share films, photographs, and other anything from your phone directly on your smart TV, regardless of which one you have.
What Exactly is Casting?
Because “casting” can be used in a variety of contexts, it does not have a clear meaning. When it comes to phones and televisions, however, “casting” refers to the real-time transmission of sound and images over the internet.
You may project videos from your phone to a huge screen using apps like Netflix or YouTube. Even if you don’t have a smart TV, you can stream videos using third-party casting devices such as Chromecast or Amazon Firestick.
The film or movie will only appear on the TV when you’re casting. You can manage the video on your phone, but you can also close the app and do other things while the phone is still connected without disrupting the video. It’s a fantastic method to watch a movie while also using your phone.
How to Wirelessly Connect Your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV
1. Using Samsung Smart View to Mirror Your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV
If you despise tangled cords, the Samsung Smart View function will suffice. Smart View is a function that allows you to wirelessly link your computer or phone to your Samsung Smart TV. This gives you access to all of the stuff you’ve saved on your smartphone, including photos, music, and videos.
This function also includes the option to read subtitles. As a result, you can use subtitles to view movies and programs that are created in a foreign language. This feature is currently supported by several versions of Windows, ranging from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Follow the procedures mentioned below to mirror your laptop to your smart TV:
- The Samsung Smart View app is available for download, installation, and use.
- Turn on your smart TV and make sure your laptop and TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Scroll down to “Menu,” then “Network,” then “Network Status” to check your connection.
- Return to your laptop and select “link to TV” from the list of detected devices, then select your Smart TV from the list.
- Then, on your TV, enter the PIN and click “Ok.”
- If you want to add the exact content you want to stream, click the “+Add Content” option and import your favorite files. When you’re finished, press the “Play” button.
2. Using the Samsung Smart Hub, Connect your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV.
The Samsung Smart Hub allows you to stream videos, music, and images from your laptop to your smart TV if both devices (laptop and smart TV) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Although Samsung provides an Allshare application for putting on your laptop so that it can be transformed to a DLNA server, it is more convenient to utilize the DNLA server that comes with Windows Media Player. ۔
You may give your laptop the option of playing your favorite material on Smart TV and browsing your favorite stuff through the Samsung Smart Hub by sharing content on your laptop.
- Getting your laptop ready
- Ascertain that your laptop and the Samsung Smart Hub are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe left to “Search,” then put “Windows Media Player” into the search box that appears.
- After that, go to “Apps” and then “Windows Media Player.”
- Select “Turn on Media Streaming” from the Stream menu and press the “Turn on Media Streaming” button.
- Choose your Smart TV from the list of available devices.
- To give Samsung Smart Hub access to your files and view your favorite material on your laptop, check the box.
- Use File Explorer to search your laptop‘s libraries for material.
- Right-click the library, then choose “New” and “Shortcut” from the menu.
- Then, in this folder, add the items you want to distribute. To share the content, click “Finish.”
- If you no longer want to share a shortcut, you can remove it from the library.
Configuring the Samsung Smart Hub
- After turning on your Smart TV, click the “Menu” button on your TV remote and choose “Network,” then “All share settings,” and finally “Content sharing.”
- Choose your laptop from the list of available devices. Using your TV remote, select the desired device to allow you to play media on your smart TV.
- On your TV remote, press the “Smart Hub” button. Select “Photos, Videos, and Music” from the Smart Hub‘s top menu.
- Select the type of media you want to watch, such as videos, and then select your laptop from the list of networked devices. To open the folders, click on them, then find the film you wish to watch on your smart TV. To play it, you must first pick it.
3. Using a DeX or HDMI cable to reflect your screen
Note: That HDMI output is not available on the Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy A, or Galaxy J series.
If you can’t connect your phone or tablet to a TV wirelessly, you can use a DeX cable or a USB-C to HDMI connection to screen mirror. Simply attach the wire to your television.
Screen mirroring may begin automatically on some models. To access the Notification panel, you may need to slide down from the top of your device’s screen. Then press the “Tap here to switch to screen mirroring” Samsung DeX notice. Now, on your TV, select the appropriate source, and whatever is on your phone will appear on the screen.
4. Chromecast Mirroring from a Laptop to a Smart TV
Another wonderful technology for connecting your laptop to your Smart TV is Chromecast. This is a plug-in gadget that turns your devices into receivers, and it’s known for working with a wide range of platforms, including Windows, iPhone, Mac, Android, and Chromebooks. It’ll also work with your smart TV.
By casting videos or music from your computer and suspending online sharing, Chromecast also allows you to watch material on your PC. This small dongle is simply available at your neighborhood retailer.
- To use your Chromecast, configure it and plug it into a power outlet and your TV.
- On your laptop, make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome installed.
- If you already have it, go to the menu icon and choose “Cast” from the drop-down menu. provided
- Scroll down to “Cast to” and choose between “Cast tab” and “Cast desktop” in the new window.
- While doing so, hit the Cast symbol in the upper right corner of your device‘s screen and select “Stop” to display the mirror laptop on your Smart TV.
Given that this is a premium option, you’d expect it to have more features. Unfortunately, it does have certain flaws that aren’t really appealing. The dongle, for example, does not work on its own. You must connect it to a power supply. This can cause a lot of problems, especially if you don’t have an extra store. Furthermore, it does not allow 4K viewing, which is a major flaw.
5. Use your Smart Monitor to connect to your computer.
- Using your Smart Monitor to access your PC is comparable to using a QLED TV.
- Before you begin, check sure your computer is turned on and that remote access is turned on.
- Note that if you can’t turn on remote access, it’s because your current software version doesn’t support it.
- Navigate to Source on your Smart Monitor, then to Remote Access, then to Remote PC.
- You’ll need to enter your PC or Mac’s IP address or choose a profile to use Remote PC. After that, type in your user ID and password.
- Hover over Manage User Profiles and then press Select to register a regularly used computer.
- Select Add, and then fill in the information for the computer.
- You can now access and control your monitor from anywhere!
6. To share your screen, connect your PC to your television.
Note: Only the 2021 8K QLED/Micro LED versions support connecting to a PC on a different network than the TV. With a future app update, we hope to add this capability for other new 2021 models. On Mac computers, this software and feature are not available.
Screen Sharing is comparable to the new PC on TV capability, except that the computer and TV can be on different networks (select models only). You’ll be able to link your computer to a television and control it while it’s on the bigger screen.
Copy and paste this URL into your web browser on the PC you want to connect to the TV: smsng.co/PConTV. It will download the required program automatically.
Note: If popup blockers are enabled, the program may not be able to download.
- When the download is finished, open the file and follow the setup wizard to complete the installation.
- Open the PC on TV app on your computer when you’re ready. Select Start after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Sign in to your Samsung Account by selecting Sign in, entering your credentials, and then selecting Sign in.
- Adjust the designated settings if necessary. After that, select Complete, then Complete again.
- You’ll be taken to the main page of the app, where you can make even more changes.
- After you’ve set up the app, you may connect your computer to the TV. On your TV remote, press the Home button.
- Select Source, then PC on TV from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the option to connect your PC to your television. The name of any compatible laptops or desktops with the PC on TV software installed will appear next to this icon. To select the name of your PC, use the remote control on your TV.
Note: If you don’t see your computer’s name, make sure the PC on TV app is open on your computer.
It should connect instantly once you select the PC’s name! While the PC’s interface is displayed on the TV, you can traverse it with your mouse.
There are two ways to disconnect your devices once you’ve finished utilizing the PC on TV feature:
- This is what the computer says: In the lower right-hand corner of your PC, select Disconnect, then Confirm.
- If the Disconnect icon does not appear, first pick the PC on TV icon to bring it up.
Our Final Thoughts on Connect Laptop to Samsung Smart Tv
As mentioned above, there are numerous ways to connect your large Samsung Smart TV screen to your laptop. If you don’t have access to wires, you can use a wireless connection, which involves simply the installation of wireless-related software on your laptop and then following the instructions outlined above.
The usage of an HDMI cable, on the other hand, is the most trustworthy option because it allows for quick connectivity. Make sure the HDMI cables are connected to both your laptop and your Smart TV.
So, I hope I’ve answered your question “How can I connect my laptop to my Samsung Smart TV?” If you still have any concerns or worries after reading this entire tutorial, leave them in the comments and I’ll answer them.
FAQs Connect Laptop To My Samsung TV
How Do I Connect My Laptop To My Samsung TV If I Don’t Have An HDMI Cable?
You can connect your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV without using cords in one of three ways. To connect your laptop to a Samsung Smart TV, you can use Samsung Smart Hub, Samsung Smart View, or Chromecast. However, it is up to you to decide what works best for you.
How Do I Connect My Samsung TV To My Computer Using HDMI?
Connecting your PC to your Samsung TV via HDMI is a secure option. You’ll need a working HDMI cable, and then you’ll need to find the port where you’ll plug one end of the cable into your computer. The second step is to plug the other end of the cable into one of the HDMI ports on your Samsung TV. You may connect your Samsung Smart TV to your PC via HDMI this manner.
Is it possible to wirelessly connect my laptop to my smart TV?
You can effortlessly connect your laptop to a compatible Smart TV with AirPlayTM if you have one. Apple TV® and AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TVs are examples of compatible devices (i.e. TVs from 2019 or later from Samsung, LG or Vizio). You can use AirPlay to stream videos or mirror the screen of your device on your TV.