Samsung s9 vs lg v30 [Which is Best?]
This year’s Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has been failed as one of the best camera phones ever created, garnering praise not only from reviewers and consumers but also from prominent industry sites that do expert camera testing.
When it was released in mid-March, it was joined by a new LG smartphone, the V30S ThinQ, and LG g7 thinq, which is a redesigned version of the 2017 LG V30 that incorporates artificial intelligence (AI) to improve the capabilities of an already competent camera, unlike lg v20.
While in Basel, Switzerland for the annual Baselworld watch show, we brought both phones with us so that we could pit the cameras against one other and get inspiration from the gorgeous surroundings.
If you’re interested in seeing more camera comparisons, check out our series of smartphone camera shootouts.
Let us know what kind of camera shootouts you’d like to see next in the comments section below!
Samsung a11 vs a20: Samsung Galaxy A Series Review
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 [8 Different Methods]
How To Clear Cache on Samsung s9
What makes the LG V30 superior to the Samsung Galaxy S9?
LG V30 US998 64GB GSM & CDMA Smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) Factory Unlocked
- DOES THIS DEVICE NEED A SIM CARD: Yes it does (NANO Sim card Enclosed) Being that this device is Factory Unlocked from the US Cellular Network it will work on any Network and will support the frequencies that this...
- WHAT FREQUENCIES DOES THIS DEVICE SUPPORT: Well this device suports Multi-Band/Multi-Mode and automatically detects which band is the best supported at any given time GSM 850 900 (E-GSM) 1800 (DCS) 1900 (PCS). UMTS...
- HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT THE BATTERY TO LAST ME: Well the battery size is 3,300 mAh (Non-Removable) which in a Usage time frame means 14 solid hours of streaming at 4G LTE speeds as well it has a Standby time of up to...
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE BOX: Well the V30 comes running Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with upgrades available to 8.0.0 Oreo as well as a fast charger where you can charge the device to full in Approx 2 hours as well...
- What if you had 10% greater battery power at your Samsung galaxy s?
- Is it possible to get a 2.08 percent faster CPU speed?
- In this comparison, the 8×2.45GHz processor beats over the 4×2.9GHz and the 4×1.9GHz processor.
- 2.42 times the number of megapixels (primary camera)?
- 16MP and 13MP vs. 12MP.
- What about a 3.45 percent larger screen size?
- 5 grams lighter?
- Is it really 1.1mm thinner?
- Does it support up to two physical SIM cards?
- Samsung galaxy note?
- Is it possible to have a 138MHz faster GPU clock speed?
What makes the Samsung Galaxy S9 superior to the LG Phone V30?
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 G960U 64GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Phone w/ 12MP Camera – Midnight Black
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera; Music Play Time: AOD off: Up to 90 hours, AOD on: Up to 51 hours
- Infinity Display: Edge to edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience
- IP68 rating: Withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry free
- Battery: AOD off: Up to 326 hours (13.6 days), AOD on: Up to 82 hours (3.5 days)
- Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
- Is it true that the pixel density has increased by 6.15 percent?
- Is there a 2.78 percent increase in resolution?
- 1440 x 2960 pixels against 1440 x 2880 pixels
- 1.6x the number of megapixels on the front camera?
- Do you want an extra 192GB of internal storage?
- Does it have stereo speakers?
- Better video recording quality (primary camera) by a factor of 2.
- 2160 x 60 frames per second against 2160 x 30 frames per second
- Downloads that are twice as fast?
- Is it possible to have a 6.25 percent wider aperture at the shortest possible focal length?
- f/1.5 in comparison to 1.9 and 1.6f
Detailed Comparison of Samsung s9 vs lg v30
- Samsung s9
- LG v30
- Galaxy S9 is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung.
- V30 H932 is a V30 H932 based on the V30 H932
Concerning the Product
Incredibly powerful capabilities enable you to accomplish more than you could have dreamed with the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Prepare to capture your environment in a way that has never been seen before, thanks to a new camera that adapts like the human eye.
This is a positive development.
This phone almost has it all: a fantastic camera, a fast processor, an enormous OLED screen, amazing battery life, and features such as water resistance, wireless charging, and microSD storage.
It also has one of the greatest headphone jacks available on any smartphone.
The Unfavorable The V30’s ergonomic oddities can make it difficult to hold in one hand.
It is possible that you will miss some photographs owing to the slow autofocus of your camera.
Carrier-specific versions include obnoxious software and logos that are difficult to remove.
What’s the bottom line?
The LG V30 is a well-rounded competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy S8 Plus and Google’s Pixel 2 XL in terms of performance.
If it’s a good fit for your hands and your photographic demands, you’ll be pleased with it.
First= Galaxy S9
Second= LG v30
- AMOLED (Super AMOLED) display technology
- 5.8 inches 6 inches
- 5.8 inches 6 inches
- 1440 x 2960 pixels is the resolution.
- 1440 x 2880 pixels is the resolution.
The aspect ratio
- PPI 568
- PPI 537
The refresh rate is
- 60 hertz
- 60 hertz.
Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Yes, HDR10 is supported.
- Yes, HDR10 is supported.
Protection from the sun’s rays
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is a tough, scratch-resistant glass.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is a tough, scratch-resistant glass.
Ratio of the screen
- body is 83.6 percent
- 81.48 percent
Specifications of the display
• Display that is always on
• Display that is always on
Exactly what buyers have to say about “Display” on s9
- A stunning display that is both fast and responsive for android phones.
- Because of its wonderful screen and deep, vibrant colors, it is a pleasure to watch Netflix on it.
- I have not been disappointed with my decision to switch to a Samsung phone; this phone has a significantly better display and camera than the iPhones.
- The display, as well as the infinity edge, are fantastic.
- For me, this is a significant improvement over the S5 I’d been using previously, and I’m glad I waited. Everything is bright and extremely clear on the screen. Even my email has improved in appearance!
- The images are by no means of poor quality led flash, especially if you know what you’re doing and are comfortable using the fantastic manual mode, although the inclusion of the extremely useful wide-angle lens does provide a significant amount of added value, as I find myself using it on a fairly regular basis.
- An excellent smartphone that is really light. The OLED display is fantastic.
- This phone has it all: a beautiful screen, lightning-fast processor, and more.
- Despite the fact that the screen is OLED, it does not compare favorably to those produced by Samsung, but it is still preferable to an LCD screen.
- The screen is quite good, but it does not appear to be a true OLED because the blacks are not as “deep black” as those on Samsung’s displays.
6 Other Things To Consider in Picking Between Samsung s9 and lg v30
1. Software and Functionality
The Galaxy S9+ comes pre-installed with Android 8.0 Oreo, which provides it an advantage over the lg electronics competition when it comes to software updates.
The LG V30 is only now receiving its Oreo upgrade in stages in the United States, with new features such as picture-in-picture support and more functional app shortcuts being added.
When it comes to software, the S9+ and the V30 have a lot in common with one another.
Examples include the fact that both support interface styles and allow you to rearrange the on-screen buttons to your desire, as well as the ability to modify the size of the app grid, among a plethora of other customization possibilities Both smartphones come with virtual assistants: the Samsung Galaxy S9 has Bixby, while the LG V30 has Google Assistant.
Moreover, whereas Samsung has Edge Screen, on which you can set shortcuts and widgets, LG has its Floating Bar, which accomplishes much of the same thing.
With the addition of Samsung’s S Health fitness companion, DeX Station support, and AR Emoji virtual avatars, the company takes things even further.
Furthermore, the Bixby virtual assistant has its own dedicated button, allowing you to reach it at any time of day or night. So if you’re searching for a smartphone with the greatest amount of features available right out of the box, the Galaxy S9+ is the phone for you.
Unfortunately, with all of its bells and whistles, the Galaxy S9+ is also getting closer to the point of being overpowering.
The dedicated Bixby button – which is simple to accidentally hit and cannot be configured to perform any other function – is an excellent illustration of this.
2. Security and biometrics are important.
Both the Galaxy S9+ and the LG V30 are equipped with fingerprint readers, just like any other modern smartphone. These are located at the back of the vehicle, below the cameras. Both are quick, dependable, and easy to get in touch with.
There is also the option of using face recognition as an alternative, although neither phone has it working flawlessly.
Due to the fact that this feature relies on information from the front-facing camera, it is only reliable in well-lit environments and struggles in low-light environments.
On the Galaxy S9+, Samsung has also included an iris scanner, which works better in low light but has a narrower field of view from which it can detect you. To put it another way, it isn’t as dependable and foolproof as we would like it to be.
3. Performance and Memory
The LG V30 is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, which was the best CPU available to LG at the time of the V30’s debut.
Given that it is a newer phone, the Galaxy S9+ is equipped with newer – and better – hardware under the hood, particularly the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor (or an equally powerful Exynos chip in the international model).
According to the normal set of synthetic benchmarks, Samsung’s phone has a bigger level of computational power as a result of this.
When it comes to actual life, though, we’re hard-pressed to find any meaningful differences between the two.
Both phones perform admirably in everyday chores, and it’s possible that only the most demanding games will benefit from the 845’s greater muscle in terms of processing power.
While the LG V30 has 4GB of RAM, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ has 6GB, which is more than twice as much.
While having more RAM usually means that multitasking will be smoother, it also means that a phone will be more future-proof, as the demand for resources from apps is constantly increasing.
Both the Galaxy S9+ and the LG V30 come with 64GB of onboard storage, which is more than enough for a high-end phone, and if you need even more space, both phones offer a microSD card slot for expanding your storage options.
(Storage capacity is doubled on the LG V30+, which is available exclusively through Sprint, as well as on the future LG V30S.)
When it comes to the performance of the front-facing camera, the situation is rather similar.
Both the Galaxy S9+ and the LG V30 are capable of taking respectable self-portraits in broad daylight.
However, while the S9+ generates greater detail, the V30’s wide-angle selfie camera can fit more people in the frame, which could be handy in difficult lighting conditions.
However, in low light, the Galaxy S9+ tends to produce photographs that are more detailed.
The LG V30 is being touted as a smartphone that is particularly adept at video recording.
Indeed, its 4K films are visually appealing, but the Galaxy S94K +’s footage is more stabilized and has clearer audio than the Galaxy S9.
In addition, the Galaxy S9+ has a more reliable autofocus system and can record 4K video at 60 frames per second for even smoother motion.
Additionally, videos captured by the Galaxy S9front-facing +’s camera have a superior quality due to the camera’s larger dynamic range, which means that both bright and dark parts are more accurately exposed.
6. Battery life is Measured
The battery life of a phone is determined not just by the amount of energy it can hold, but also by the manner in which that charge is utilized.
In our scenario, the LG V30, which has a 3300mAh battery, outperformed the Galaxy S9+, which had a 3500mAh battery, by a significant margin in our unique battery benchmark test.
While both phones should be capable of withstanding a day’s worth of average usage, the V30 will have an easier time getting you through the next day or two.
Disabling the always-on display function on either device may help to extend its battery life significantly.
Both the LG V30 and the Galaxy S9+ are shipped with quick chargers, which allow them to recharge their batteries in a fraction of the time it takes on other devices.
Both devices are capable of wireless charging, but only the Galaxy S9+ is capable of rapid wireless charging when used with a compatible charging pad..
Our Final Thoughts
In terms of appearance, the Galaxy S9+ and the LG V30 are remarkably similar to one another, as we indicated at the outset.
However, there are other factors that distinguish the two, and a $100 price difference is one of them.
The LG V30 is now available for purchase for approximately $800, while the Galaxy S9+ is priced at approximately $900.
But, you know what? If you’re in the market for a large-screen, high-end Android smartphone, it could be worth it to spend the extra $100 on the Galaxy S9+.
Certainly, the LG V30 is a nice phone, but Samsung’s offering outperforms it in a lot of categories, including as display quality, camera performance, and raw processing power, among others.
The LG V30, on the other hand, is likely to provide you with a longer battery life between charges while remaining just as responsive in everyday activities.
However, after taking everything into consideration, the LG V30 would be preferable to the Galaxy S9+ only if there was a significant discount.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is it worthwhile to get an S9 in 2020?
The most appropriate response is no.
The Galaxy S9 is a superb phone that will be able to compete in 2021 because of its strong specifications, excellent screen, and updated software that will allow you to upgrade to Android 10.
That device is out of date, and Samsung’s affordable flagship from 2020, the Samsung Galaxy s20 FE, completely destroys it.
Which is more superior, the S9plus or the S9?
Galaxy S9 compared. Galaxy S9+
The S9+ has a battery capacity of 3,500 mAh, while the S9 has a battery capacity of 3,000 mAh.
Furthermore, the S9 will provide you with 4GB of RAM, whereas the S9+ will provide you with 6GB of RAM.
The camera on the S9+, on the other hand, is what really sets it apart.
The S9 is equipped with a single-lens camera, whilst the S9+ is equipped with a dual-lens camera.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S9 waterproof?
Yes. Don’t be scared to get your hands dirty.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ both have an IP68 rating, which means that you won’t have to stop messaging or shooting photos because it’s raining on your parade.