Several factors may be at blame if Prime Video on your Amazon Fire TV Stick needs to be fixed. These might be a sluggish internet connection, a service interruption, a damaged program, or even an issue with an Amazon Fire Stick. You will need to do several troubleshooting actions to resolve this.
How to Fix Prime Video Not Working on Samsung TV
A streaming platform called Amazon Prime Video includes movies and TV series produced by MGM and Amazon Studios. The website or the Amazon Prime Video app can access this service, which is generally accessible worldwide.
If that still doesn’t work, you should try various remedies to solve prime video not working on Firestick. I’ll walk you through each of them step by step in the paragraphs below.
Fire TV and Fire TV stick are unable to play Amazon Prime Video.
When the Fire Stick TV breaks, that is one of the most frequent problems that Prime members could have. This can make it difficult for you to enjoy your favorite program.
Here’s how to get Prime Video on Firestick functional again.
Fix #1: Verify your internet connection
Because Amazon Prime Video relies on the internet, it’s possible that Prime Video won’t function on your Fire TV if your connection is sluggish. So please check your internet connection speed before attempting to view Prime Video.
Examining the internet connection
- On your PC, launch your browser. Select whichever web browser you prefer.
- To check your internet speed, enter speedtest.net. The speed test site is one of the most used web tools for determining your connection speed.
- Hit the “Go” button. The speed test will begin after you press the Go button.
- Wait for the speed test results to be finished. Find out how quickly you can upload and download.
It would help if you had a reliable connection to stream Amazon Prime Video content. In addition, the outcomes ought to line up with your Internet service provider’s membership plan.
For the best streaming quality of Standard Definition content, a minimum download speed of 1 MB/s (8 Mbps) and 5 MB/s (40 Mbps) are recommended, respectively. Prime Video will provide the highest-quality streaming based on the available speed, similar to Apple TV+.
Users of Amazon Prime Video need a steady internet connection to stream. Restart your network device or router if you don’t have internet access or have slow, spotty, or no internet. If you are experiencing problems with your internet, a reset may be helpful.
- Your modem and router’s power wires should be unplugged.
- After a minute, reconnect your modem and router to the power source and turn them on.
- Watch for the lights to turn on once more.
Users of Firestick can take the following actions to ensure that their WiFi connection has a steady internet signal:
- Try to unplug any other devices plugged into the WiFi router while using the app. This enables the device to use all available internet bandwidth.
- Move the gadget nearer the router. This will enable the device to pick up a much stronger WiFi signal.
- You connect the streaming device to the 5GHz channel rather than the 2.4GHz band on your dual-band network.
- Use a wired connection if your device has an Ethernet port.
Once you’ve followed the steps, attempt to see if the Prime Video on Firestick issue is still present.
Fix #2: Look for Prime Video server problems
If there is a service outage, that could be one of the causes of why Prime Video is not working on Firestick. Use a third-party server checker like DownDetector to see the current status of the Amazon or Prime Video servers.
Another way to check server outages is to follow Prime Video on social media, particularly Twitter. Additionally, you can visit the Prime Video website; if there are any server issues, the company typically notifies customers.
It would help if you waited until the outage was fixed to use the Prime Video service.
Fix #3 Restart your Fire Stick or Fire TV
Amazon Prime Video has stopped working because the streaming device has crashed. This can be fixed by restarting your Fire TV Stick, which will also refresh it and usually fix software-related problems, which are one of the most frequent reasons why the Fire TV Stick doesn’t work with Amazon Prime.
Restarting the Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Put the Amazon Fire Stick to sleep.
- Remove the power cords from your modem and router.
- Reconnect your modem and router to the power supply after pausing.
- Watch for the lights to come back on.
- Your Amazon Fire Stick is on.
- Reconnect your WiFi network with your Amazon Fire Stick.
Insignia Fire TV with Power Cycling:
- After waiting a full minute, unplug the power cord from your Insignia TV.
- Utilizing the Insignia TV remote, reconnect the power cable to the power outlet and turn on the Insignia TV.
- After switching it on, wait one further minute.
Fix #4: Delete the cache for the Prime Video app on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
One of the biggest causes of the Prime Video app’s Firestick compatibility issues is corrupted app cache data. The Prime Video app’s cache must be cleared to remove this erroneous data. The Prime Video app will be instructed to shut down as a result. Additionally, you must enter your username and password to log into your specific Prime Video account on the Firestick after finishing this stage of troubleshooting.
Clearing the cache for the Fire TV stick’s Prime Video app
- Utilizing the Fire TV stick remote, navigate to Settings on your Fire TV.
- Applications, choose.
- Select the app you’re experiencing difficulties with under Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose Clear Data, then Clear Cache.
Fix #5 Update Prime Video app
The next step is updating Prime Video apps, ensuring you have downloaded the most recent version. The latest version of the Prime Video app will feature several enhancements and bug fixes that may resolve the issue of it not working. The instructions for updating the Prime Video app are as follows:
Update Prime Video on the Fire TV Stick automatically
- Using the Firestick remote, hit the Settings icon in the top right corner of the main page.
- Applications, choose.
- From the Applications section, select Appstore.
- Verify that Automatic updates are turned on.
Update Prime Video Manually on the Fire TV Stick:
- Pick the Apps tab from the home screen.
- Each app that has been put on your Firestick is listed here.
- Press the Menu button after selecting the program you want to update, for example, Prime Video.
- Decide on the More Info link. The Update button will appear if an update is available. Click the Update button when it displays.
- The app on your Firestick will be updated.
- If the app you choose has yet to receive an update, the Open button will appear.
Video: Prime Video Not Working On Firestick? Fix It Now
Fix #6: Install Prime Video again
The next step to do if Prime Video is still not working on Firestick is to reinstall the program; occasionally, a corrupted app may already be the source of the issue. Therefore, you need to reinstall Prime Video on your Firestick device to resolve the functionality issue. The following are the methods to reinstall the app:
- On your Fire TV device, go to the Settings menu.
- Applications, choose.
- Make the choice Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose the software you wish to remove, then click Uninstall.
- Obey the directions displayed on the screen.
- Install Prime Video again after uninstalling it.
- Activate Prime Video.
- Register an account with Amazon Prime Video.
Fix #7 Update Fire TV Stick or Fire TV
Amazon Prime Video may not function if your Firestick uses an out-of-date operating system. To fix this issue, download and install the most recent Firestick performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- device update for the Firestick
- On your Fire TV, go to Settings.
- Choosing My Fire TV.
- Choose About.
- To check for system updates, choose.
- See whether that resolves the Fire TV Stick’s Prime Video issues.
If none of the tips work, you’ll need to see if your Fire TV Stick 4K supports additional streaming apps. If not, you’ll need to contact Amazon Customer Support to ask for a replacement. Which approach to troubleshooting was practical for you? In the comments section below, share your experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t Prime Video function for me?
Go to Settings > Apps and notifications > Prime Video from the Home screen. Then select Storage > Clear Data and click OK to confirm. Try the video again. If none of this helps, try reinstalling the application.
Is Prime Video compatible with Fire Stick?
The Fire Stick, an Amazon product, has access to Prime Video, but it also enables you to buy and rent movies and TV shows from Amazon whether or not you are a Prime member.
Does Amazon need to update its firesticks?
Although Amazon releases new software updates almost every month, you should maintain your device updated to take advantage of the newest features and fixes. You don’t have to update your Fire TV Stick.
Is a new Fire Stick required?
The Firestick will endure for a long time if you don’t burn both ends. The batteries survive at least several months because they use tiny currents and do so briefly.
On my Fire Stick, how can I clear the cache?
On your Fire TV, go to Settings. Applications, choose. Select the app you’re experiencing difficulties with under Manage Installed Applications. Choose Clear Data, then Clear Cache.