How to Clean Smart TV Screen? (6 Steps)
How to Clean Smart TV Screen? The first thing you should do is gather your cleaning supplies. Gather a few microfiber cloths and some screen cleaner. If you don’t have screen cleaner liquid, you can use distilled water instead.
If you have really stubborn stains, a tiny drop of dish detergent in your distilled water is fine. However, in most cases, plain distilled water should suffice.
Tap water contains tiny minerals and other particles that can and will scratch your screen!
How to Clean a Tv Screen Samsung? (Goodbye Fingerprints)
How to Clean Fingerprints off TV Screen?
7 Steps on How to Clean Smart TV Screen?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1.If you’ve recently used your television, you should unplug it and let it cool down. Before cleaning your screen, wait at least 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Using one of the dry microfiber cloths, remove all of the dust. To avoid scratching the surface, rub it gently in circles.
3. After you’ve removed the dust from the surface, look for fingerprints. If your TV has them, you should remove them with screen cleaner or distilled water and a clean microfiber cloth. Please keep in mind that you should never use the cleaner or distilled water directly on the screen. Spray the screen cleaner on the microfiber cloth instead. You don’t want your cloth to be soaked, just damp!
4. To remove the fingerprint grease, use a damp microfiber cloth. To avoid scratches, make gentle circular movements.
6. After you’ve finished, dry the screen with another dry microfiber cloth.
7. Before plugging in the lcd TV, make sure it is completely dry. Never turn on the television before it is completely dry to your Amazon Prime. If you do, the screen may be permanently damaged.
Take note: LCD TV screens are extremely delicate, and using the wrong substance can permanently damage them. Use screen cleaners or distilled water instead to have a more high quality picture settings!
THINGS TO AVOID WHEN CLEANING A SMART TV SCREEN
Many cleaning products contain chemicals that can corrode and damage the surface of your Smart TV screen or LG Tv. If you don’t have a proper screen cleaner, you can use diluted liquid soap. But don’t add anything else.
Use the following products sparingly:
- Bleach and other cleaning supplies
- Windex and other window cleaning products
- Wipes for disinfection
- Wipes for babies to avoid sudden balck screen
Many of these cleaning products contain alcohol, ammonia, and other chemicals that, over time, will erode the anti-reflective layer of your TV screen.
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
You risk permanently damaging your TV screen if you use these products to clean or dry it. This is because they contain tiny fibers that scratch your screen that will result to black screen.
Again, this will not happen immediately, but over time, all of these micro-scratches will create dull spots on the surface of your screen, which will be noticeable.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN THE BACK OF A SMART TV?
Another major issue with a SMART TV is dust accumulation inside and on the back. Too much dust can cause the TV to overheat and damage the internal mechanism. If this occurs, you will need to send it to service or purchase a new one. Here’s how to clean the dust off the back of your TV:
- The first step is to unplug the television and allow it to cool.
- When the oled TV has cooled, turn it around to gain access to the back.
- There will most likely be dust, spider webs, and other debris. So, clean it up with a vacuum on the lowest setting.
- After vacuuming, use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe away any remaining dust particles.
- To keep your oled TV in good condition, repeat the process at least once a month.
It is critical to keep dust from accumulating on the back of your TV in order for it to continue to function properly.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SMART TV?
You now know how to properly clean your SMART TV, but that isn’t all it takes to keep it in good condition. Here’s what you can do to keep yourSMART TV in good condition:
- When you are not using your television, turn it off and unplug it. It will not only help you save energy, but it will also extend the life of your television.
- Surge protectors are your most valuable allies. Surges in power can harm your television’s internal mechanism.
- During the night, reduce the brightness intensity. As a result, you are extending the life of your SMART TV to game mode.
- If you use your qled TV highest contrast level, you risk shortening its lifespan. So, open the menu on your television. Locate the Image Settings option and reduce the contrast.
- Maintain proper ventilation for your SMART TV. It should not be used in a room with no windows. You can also use a fan to keep the air moving.
- Do not place anything underneath the qled TV as it can prevent adequate ventilation.
- Carry out the cleaning procedure outlined in the preceding steps. Do it on a regular basis to avoid problems with your television.
- Dust is the number one enemy of electronic appliances such as televisions and computers. So, vacuum regularly to keep dust at bay whenever possible.
- The latest Samsung televisions are less likely to burn-in (a visible mark that remains on the screen regardless of what you’re watching). However, it can still happen, so avoid leaving your TV on for long periods of time, especially if it is showing a static image.
- Extremely low temperatures should be avoided because they can cause condensation inside your television. If this occurs, the condensed air may reach an important component of your television, causing it to malfunction.
Keeping your TV in good condition can be challenging but not impossible. So, follow these steps, and you should be enjoying your TV for a long time.
WHEN TO BUY A NEW SMART TV?
Samsung televisions can typically withstand ten years of continuous use. So, if you’ve been using your machine for longer, you should consider replacing it.
SMART TVs are available on Amazon and eBay. There are many low-cost models under 600 USD that have excellent image and audio quality.
CONCLUSION About SMART Tv Screen Cleaning
Cleaning your SMART TV screen is an important part of keeping it in good working order. It should be done on a regular basis to avoid scratches and other complications. To summarize, here’s how to clean a SMART TV screen:
- Unplug the television and allow it to cool.
- Carefully remove the dust particles with a microfiber cloth.
- Using a damp microfiber cloth, wipe away any fingerprints. Use a screen cleaner or diluted water with a small amount of liquid soap to clean the screen. Use no other cleaning products.
- The screen should be dried.
FAQs About Cleaning SMART TV Screen
What can I use to clean my flat screen Smart TV?
“Wipe the screen gently with a dry cloth to remove dust and other debris, but don’t press too hard,” he advises. You should also clean the TV cabinet and ensure that dust isn’t clogging the vents that help dissipate heat.
Can I use Windex on my flat-screen television?
Unless you have an antique TV with a glass display, you should avoid using Windex. You should also avoid spraying liquid directly on your television. This can damage the display or even start an electric fire.
What is the safest thing to clean a flat screen TV with?
Apply a single drop of dish soap to one-fourth cup of water with a soft cloth. Using the soapy cloth, clean up the mess. Then, dampen a second cloth lightly in water to remove any soapy residue. Finally, use a third soft, lint-free cloth to dry the screen.