How to Pair Samsung Galaxy Buds to Any Device? Do you want to know how to connect your Galaxy Bud to your Android phone, iPhone, or Mac? Here’s how to go about it.
Aside from smartphones, Samsung’s wireless earbuds, marketed under the Galaxy Bud brand, are also very popular.
The company offers several models to cater to various customers, with each offering excellent sound quality, a long battery life, and a variety of other features.
While Samsung emphasizes compatibility with Android for newer Galaxy Buds pro models such as the Buds Pro, Buds Live, and Buds 2, you can pair them with any device you want.
Some features are lost when using non-Android devices with the earbuds, but there are workarounds for that as well. Follow the steps below to pair and use your Galaxy Buds pro with an Android device, an iPhone, an iPad, or a Mac.
Ticks and Tricks: Key Takeaway
1. open the Bluetooth settings on the device and turn it on.
2. Then, open the charging case of the earbuds and wait for a few seconds. T
3. The earbuds should automatically appear in the list of available devices.
4. If they don’t, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on an Android device and tap Start
HOW DO I LINK MY SAMSUNG GALAXY BUDS TO MY ANDROID PHONE?
Whether you own an Android device from Samsung, OnePlus, Google, or another manufacturer, the process of pairing Galaxy Buds with it is the same.
- On your Android device, go to the Play Store and install the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Tap Start and then proceed to grant the app the necessary permissions. It will then look for nearby devices to pair with.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Buds should appear in the list of scanned devices. Tap it to begin the pairing process. At this point, the Galaxy Wearable app may download some additional plugins.
- When prompted, select Pair.
Your pair Galaxy Buds have now been successfully paired with your Android phone. If you have a Galaxy phone and are logged in to your Samsung account, the earbuds will automatically pair with other devices that you have linked to it. This will also allow for seamless device switching between Samsung devices that are compatible.
You can use the Galaxy Wearable app to change the left and right touchpad gestures, Bixby voice wake-up, Equalizer settings, and enable some experimental features on the earbuds. Please keep in mind that you can only update the firmware of your pair of Galaxy Buds with an Android phone.
HOW TO PAIR SAMSUNG GALAXY BUDS WITH AN IPHONE OR IPAD?
Samsung’s latest earbuds, such as the Galaxy Buds Live, Buds Pro, and Buds2, are not officially compatible with an iPhone or iPad. This is primarily due to the fact that the Galaxy Wearable app for iPhone does not support these earbuds.
However, you can pair and use these earbuds with an iPhone or iPad just like any other wireless earbuds, though features like 360 stereo sound and Dolby Atmos are not available.
The lack of a companion app also makes it difficult to control various features of the earbuds via touch gestures, such as turning ANC on or off and controlling music playback, though there is a workaround.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings and then Bluetooth.
- Wait a few seconds after opening the charging case for your Galaxy earbuds.
- On your Apple device, the earbuds should be listed under Other Devices.
- To begin the pairing process, tap on the device’s name.
- Once connected, tap the I icon next to the earbuds’ name and select Device Type as wireless Headphones.
Close the lid and wait 7-10 seconds if the earbuds do not appear. Then, reopen the case and take out one of the earbuds.
In the absence of an iPhone or iPad companion app, you can first pair your Galaxy earbuds with an Android device and configure the touch gestures as desired. When paired with an iPhone or iPad, they will continue to function normally. However, you will be missing out on features such as 360 audio and Dolby Atmos support.
Because the iPhone only supports the AAC Bluetooth codec, the Samsung Galaxy Buds pro will use it when paired with it.
Another limitation is that there is no auto-device switching, so when you switch from your iPhone, the earbuds will not automatically connect to your iPad. Furthermore, you must manually disconnect your Galaxy earbuds from one device before connecting them to another.
The earbuds will also attempt to connect to the last device with which they were paired rather than the one you are currently using. In such cases, you must access the Bluetooth menu and manually pair them with your iPhone or iPad.
HOW TO PAIR SAMSUNG GALAXY BUDS WITH YOUR MAC?
There is no Galaxy Wearable app for Mac available from Samsung devices. However, you can connect and use any Galaxy earbud with your Mac in the same way that you would any other pair of earphones.
However, unlike iPhones and iPads, you will not be able to customize the touch gestures or control some other settings. In this case, you’ll need to connect your pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds to an Android device, configure them as desired, and then pair them with your Mac.
- To put your Samsung Buds in pairing mode, open the charging case. During the process, ensure that they are not connected to any other device.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences and navigate to Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. After that, your Mac will look for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- When your Samsung Buds appear in the list of scanned devices, simply click Connect.
TO USE YOUR GALAXY BUDS, YOU MUST HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE.
Regardless of which device you intend to use your Galaxy Buds with, you will need an Android phone to properly set them up. After adjusting the touchpad controls and other options, you can use the earbud with any device without issue.
Without an Android phone, using the Galaxy Buds will be a frustrating experience because you won’t be able to customize or know what the touch gestures do, or tweak other settings.
FAQs On How to Pair Samsung Galaxy Buds to Any Device?
Why are my earbuds not connecting to my Samsung phone?
All of your devices will require you to repair your earbuds. Place the Galaxy Buds 2 in the wireless charging case and charge them for 10 to 15 minutes. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on a connected Android phone while the earbuds are still in the case. To confirm, go to About > Reset > and tap Reset again.
Is it possible to connect my Galaxy Buds to my laptop?
While they are not the best wireless earbuds on the market, the fact that they are compatible with laptops, computers, and other devices means you can use them wherever and whenever you want. You can easily connect your Galaxy buds to your laptop using a Bluetooth device.
Can the Galaxy Buds connect to multiple devices at the same time?
To connect the Galaxy Buds+ or Galaxy Buds Live to iOS using the Samsung Galaxy Buds app, you’ll need a compatible device and a software update. The earbuds cannot be connected to multiple devices at the same time.
Why aren’t my Galaxy Buds appearing in Bluetooth?
Restarting the earbuds, resetting the Bluetooth device connection, or updating the Galaxy Wearable app should usually resolve the issue.