How To Delete Apps On Firestick? [5 Steps]
How To Delete Apps On Firestick? In this post, we’ll look at two methods for deleting apps from FireStick devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, and FireStick 4k.
To begin, I’ll explain why you might want to remove apps from your FireStick.
Then I’ll demonstrate the two approaches. Finally, I’ll respond to any questions you may have.
You can install apps for Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and pretty much any other application available on the Android operating system on a FireStick.
As a result, many users download and install a large number of applications on their FireSticks.
They will, however, be sorry when the storage becomes full and the device’s performance becomes sluggish.
That’s exactly what I’m going to assist you with. First, let me explain why deleting apps from your Amazon FireStick can help you.
How To Delete Apps On Firestick?
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your Fire TV device.
- Choose Applications.
- Manage Installed Applications should be selected.
- Select the app to be uninstalled, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
See Other Related Articles:
How to Cast to Samsung TV? (3 ways!)
Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wifi (2 Simple Methods)
How to Stream Peacock On Samsung TV? (Solved!)
WHY DELETE APPS FROM FIRESTICK?
One of the most frequently asked questions is how to delete apps from a FireStick. Here are some of the reasons why people delete apps from their Fire TV Stick.
1. To Make Room for Other Apps
The FireStick has a limited amount of storage space. You may run out of space for apps you really want if you install too many apps that you don’t need or use. Users logically delete apps they rarely use in order to install other apps or even make room for an OS update.
2. To Clear App Data & Cache
The majority of people do not clear the data and cache of frequently used apps. Instead, they uninstall and reinstall the apps to clear the cache and data from their FireStick, which may also resolve other technical issues.
3. To Resolve App Malfunctions
Some users also delete and reinstall apps to resolve technical issues. Users who experience frequent app crashes and slow processes while using specific apps can usually resolve the issue by deleting and reinstalling those apps. If you are experiencing responsiveness, slowdowns, or crashes in some of your applications, try deleting and reinstalling them to see if they return to a functional state.
4. To Speed Up their FireStick
Similar to fixing app malfunctions, uninstalling extra apps can improve the performance of a FireStick. A device that is overburdened with applications runs slowly because there isn’t enough free space for the operating system to function properly. When you delete apps from your Amazon FireStick’s storage, you create the space the device requires to function, which usually results in a performance boost. Buffering may be reduced as well, but buffering can also be caused by a slow internet connection.
5. To Remove Bloatware
A FireStick is pre-installed with certain applications, also known as bloatware. Users who aren’t interested in the bloatware may wish to remove it in order to free up space on their device. As a result, many FireStick users simply remove the bloatware.
HOW TO UNINSTALL APPS ON FIRESTICK?
If you’re having problems with your Fire TV Stick, or if you simply have a ton of apps that you no longer use (or have never used), you can delete them to make room for me. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open your FireStick, and then select Settings in the top menu (you may have to scroll to the right to get to this option).
- In Settings, press the remote’s Down button, then scroll to and select Applications.
- Highlight Manage Installed Applications in the Applications options that appear. When you select this item, you will be able to see how much internal storage space you have used and how much is left.
- Scroll through the list of apps on your device to locate the one you want to remove. Select it, and then Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your decision to uninstall the app. When you click Uninstall, the app will be deleted from your device.
HOW TO DELETE APPS FROM FIRESTICK?
Now for the main event: how to delete apps from your FireStick. Let’s get this party started.
I’ll describe two approaches. Follow the first method if you want to delete applications using the advanced method. This method is thorough and ensures that no app data is left behind.
If you want to delete apps from your FireStick in the simplest way possible, use the second method. Depending on the app you’re uninstalling, this method may or may not leave some app data on your device.
Method 1: Delete Applications Via the FireStick Settings Menu
First, we’ll look at how to remove applications from your FireStick’s settings menu. In this menu, we’ll delete the app cache and data before uninstalling the app.
- On the right side of your screen, click the settings gear.
- Choose Applications.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Manage Installed Applications.
- All of the applications that are currently installed on your Fire TV device will be displayed.
- Choose the app you want to remove. For the purposes of demonstration, I’ll use the app AOS TV.
- After selecting the app to delete, you’ll be presented with a number of options. To begin, select Force stop to close any running apps.
- Scroll down and select Clear cache.
- Then, select Clear data.
- Click Clear data once more to confirm deleting the app’s data.
- Finally, select Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall once more to confirm the app’s removal from your device.
That’s it. This method ensures the application’s cache and data are deleted from your FireStick, in addition to the app itself. If you’re not concerned about the app’s cache and data, you can use the quick method below.
Method 2: Delete Apps Via the FireStick App Library
Users who simply want to delete apps from their FireStick without taking any additional steps should use the following method:
- Select the three-tile button next to the settings button on the right side of the screen.
- Your pinned and most-used apps will be displayed on your device.
- Scroll to, but do not select, the application you want to delete. Instead, on your remote, press the options button, which has three horizontal dashes.
- On the right side of your screen, a menu will appear. Uninstall can be found by scrolling down.
- The action will be confirmed by your FireStick. Select Uninstall.
- Finally, press the OK button to remove the app from your FireStick.
Delete from Apps & Games section In New Firestick Interface
The following is a shortcut method for quickly uninstalling apps from your Firestick-connected TV.
- Go to the home screen of the Firestick.
- For 3-4 seconds, press and hold the Home button on your Firestick paired remote. It will show you four shortcut options.
- Choose the Apps option. It will open the Apps & Games section, which will display all of your installed apps.
- Choose the app you want to delete from the list.
- Now, on your remote, press the Menu button.
- Select the uninstall option from the options menu.
- Then, to delete the app from your Firestick, select the Remove from Cloud option.
MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO UNINSTALL AN APP ON A FIRE TV
When you uninstall apps from the Firestick, they are only removed from the device you are changing. The app will still be available on other Fire Sticks. If you’ve been receiving notifications about storage issues on your Firestick, removing apps is the simplest way to free up space.
When you scroll through the list of apps that you can uninstall, you will notice information about the app’s size. Try deleting some of the larger apps first when attempting to free up storage space on a Fire Stick.
As previously stated, when you delete apps from Firestick, you are only deleting apps from the Fire TV device. While uninstalling apps is a good way to rid your device of unwanted apps, you may also need to remove installed apps that you know you’ll use again in the future.
However, you can always go back to the Amazon app store and reinstall the apps you want to restore to the device. You will, however, lose app data and cache files from those apps.
Some third-party file manager apps, such as ES File Explorer, can provide an alternative method for freeing up internal storage space on the Amazon Firestick. This can provide you with a more feature-rich method of removing unused apps, as well as the ability to uninstall multiple apps at once.
CONCLUSION Why You Should Delete Your FireStick
This article explains why you should delete apps from your FireStick and how to uninstall FireStick apps. The first method is the most thorough method for removing apps and any associated data. The second method is the simplest but fastest way to remove apps. Have a question or a comment? Tell us in the comments section below.
FAQs About FireStick
What happens if I clear data on my Firestick apps?
Clearing an app’s cache on your Fire TV Stick will usually restore the app’s functionality. In some cases, you may need to select the clear data option or even delete and re-download the app.
What’s taking up all of my Firestick’s storage space?
However, having too much of this data can cause sluggish app performance, so it’s always a good idea to clear app data and cache every now and then to free up space and start from scratch. One of the simplest ways to free up previous space on your FireStick is to clear app caches and data.
Why can’t I uninstall some apps on the Firestick?
Ascertain that your Firestick is connected to and turned on. Open settings from your home screen by pressing the gear icon in the upper-right corner. Select “Manage Installed Applications” after pressing “Applications.” Scroll down until you find the application you want to delete.