How to Change Your Security PIN in Samsung? (6 Easy Steps!)
How to Change Your Security PIN in Samsung? If you’ve found this article, you’re probably looking for ways to fix the security screen lock of your Samsung Galaxy device.
You will learn how to change the security PIN to unlock your Samsung password here.
The android device manager of the Korean company has various biometric security screen lock systems installed on them, but they are all linked to a personal number.
However, that is not the only PIN code that can be changed, so you can also change others to have a more secure device.
We’ll show you how to easily change all of your passwords on a Samsung phone.
How to change your security PIN in Samsung?
The first security PIN code you can change on a Samsung mobile phone is the one responsible for phone blocking. In this case, other methods, such as drawing a pattern, are available in addition to a PIN.
Both are required when configuring an unlocking system. As a result, if you want to use the fingerprint reader or facial recognition, you should be aware of how to change the PIN on your Samsung device or, at the very least, where you can do so.
To change your Samsung mobile locking PIN, follow these steps:
- The first step is to access your phone’s settings.
- Locate the “Lock Screen” section once there. It is located beneath the “Themes” menu item.
- Look for the option “Screen lock type.”
- You will be presented with a variety of options. All of the methods for locking our device are listed and managed here. Click on the PIN section if you want to learn how to change the security PIN code on Samsung.
- On the following screen, enter your PIN. It must be at least four digits long. To maximize the security of your Samsung mobile, we recommend that you use at least 6 or 8 digits.
- When you’re finished, your Samsung PIN will be completely reset.
Remember that if you are unable to use the biometric sensors, you must enter this number to unlock the device. As a result, it is critical that you memorize the new unlocking code at all times. Otherwise, you will be forced to reset the device to zero. Worst of all, you will lose all of your data and changes following the last cloud sync sequence (if you had it enabled… Did you, right?).
HOW TO CHANGE THE SIM CARD SECURITY PIN ON SAMSUNG DEVICES?
The PIN on your SIM card lock is another PIN that can be changed using a Samsung device. Why is it critical to understand how to change the SIM card security PIN on a Samsung? For one simple reason: it prevents an unauthorized person from calling or texting you.
Begin by following the same steps as in the previous method. After accessing the settings via the notification panel shortcut. The settings can also be accessed by clicking on the corresponding icon in the application drawer.
To change the SIM’s security PIN, complete the following steps:
- Look for the “Biometrics and security” section once you’ve arrived. Choose this to see more options.
- The option “Other security settings” is at the bottom of the list of settings.
- Then, select ” SIM card Lock.”
- To proceed, press the Change SIM PIN button.
- A text field will appear in the pop-up dialog, prompting you to enter the current card PIN. If you can’t remember what it was, look for the original SIM card. Typically, the code is written there. If you don’t have the card, your telephone service operators should be able to assist you in locating this information.
- After entering the old PIN, you must enter and confirm the new one. When finished, the PIN on the card will have been changed.
You’ll have to type it the next time you pick up the phone. As we mentioned in the previous section, it is critical that you remember this number at all times. If you enter the PIN incorrectly more than three times, the SIM card will be locked. Then it will be inoperable until another code, the PUK, an even more difficult to obtain security code, is entered. This code, however, can also be provided by your service operator.
HOW TO CHANGE THE GOOGLE PASSWORD ON A SAMSUNG DEVICE?
In this case, we’re talking about a whole password string, not just a four-digit security PIN. It is one of the most important because it allows you to access your Google account and all of its services, including your most sensitive information.
Go to unlock the Samsung phone’s settings, just as you did in the previous steps. There, look for the “Google Account” option. Click it to view the parameters associated with your account.
Once there, take the following steps to change your Google password:
- Select the Manage Google Account option. It will be visible at the top of the screen under your account avatar.
- Navigate to the Personal Information tab. Then, scroll down to find the Password section.
- To proceed, enter your current password.
- To create a new password, follow the wizard’s instructions.
Although we focused on Samsung devices in this article, the Google password can be changed from any device. Simply navigate to the Google section of the settings and follow the steps outlined above. Furthermore, if you want to change your password from the computer, you can do so. Follow the same instructions from the Google “My Account” website.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CHANGE THE SECURITY PIN ON SAMSUNG?
Now that you know how to change the PIN in Samsung, both in the phone locking system and on the SIM card, we’ll discuss the importance of changing your passwords on a regular basis. Although there is no set timeframe, it is strongly advised that you change your passwords on a regular basis. This is one of the most effective methods of protecting a mobile device. In the case of a Google account, the company itself tells you when you last changed your password. Many users use Google services on a daily basis to save photos, contacts, and even credit card information via Google Pay. If you are one of them, protecting it should be a top priority.
According to a Verizon study on data breach topics, 81 percent of hacking-related breaches are caused by compromised passwords.
Someone discovering your Google account password or gaining access to your phone could have disastrous consequences. The fact that the PIN on a Samsung or any other device is changed from time to time makes it difficult for potential attackers to gain access.
HOW DO I MAKE A PIN? CLICK HERE FOR SOME ADVICE
As an added bonus, here are some guidelines for creating a good and secure password for all of your needs:
- Use a different PIN on your phone than you do for other services. If an attacker discovers your secret number, they will be unable to access your other personal accounts. Don’t use the same code on your phone and computer.
- Include no dates or data that is easily identifiable. For example, if you have your date of birth in a public profile, such as Facebook, and use it as a password in your Google account, it is very easy to guess the password and access your data.
- Passwords that you have previously used should be avoided. This will prevent you from using a PIN that has previously been compromised.
- Combine letters and numbers whenever possible. In many cases, you can even use symbols or uppercase and lowercase letters.
We hope this article has made your digital money transactions and everyday mobile interactions a little safer.
FAQs On How To Change Your Security Pin in Samsung
How can I locate my Samsung PIN number?
To access this feature, go to the lock screen and enter an incorrect pattern or PIN five times. You’ll see a button that says “Forgot pattern,” “Forgot PIN,” or “Forgot password.” Tap it. You’ll be prompted to enter the Google account username and change password associated with your Android phone device.
How do I hard reset my Samsung Galaxy note S10 PIN?
Step 1: After several unsuccessful attempts, you will be given the option “Forgot Pattern” or “Forgot PIN/ change Password.” Step 2: Tap it and then select “Answer Questions.” Step 3: You will be prompted to enter the Google security questions that you have saved in your account. Respond appropriately.
How do I change the password on my lock screen?
Select Apps > Settings > Security. Change the screen lock (under the Screen unlock section). Enter your current lock sequence, then press the Continue button. To change your number lock sequence, touch PIN, to change your alphanumeric lock sequence, or to disable the lock sequence, touch id Slide up.
What exactly is a master PIN code?
As the name implies, a Master PIN code grants master access to the lock. This means that the Master PIN code will always be able to unlock the paired igloohome smart lock.