How To Change Ringtone On Android? Have you ever mistaken someone else’s phone ringing for yours because they both have the same default ringtone?
To change your ringtone on an Android phone, you can follow these steps:
• Open the Settings app
• Tap on “Sounds and vibration”
• Tap on “Ringtone” or “Phone Ringtone”
• Choose from the preset choices
If you want to use a custom ringtone, you can follow these steps instead:
• Select the audio file
• Once the audio is in the correct folder, go to Settings > Sound and vibration]
• Tap on “Ringtone” or “Phone Ringtone”
• Choose your custom ringtone from the list of options
Android allows for a great deal of customization, including the ability to change your ringtone.
Simply select one of your smartphone’s pre-programmed ringtones.
For maximum personalization, you can also set custom ringtones from your media files or download a brand new ringtone using a third-party app.
Learn how to set Android ringtones and change them as frequently as you want.
How To Change Ringtone On Android? (2 Quick Ways)
If you find your phone’s default ringtone maker annoying or do not feel like yours, you can easily change it in the Settings menu. Follow the steps below to change your Android ringtone.
Select them one by one to hear how they sound, then select the one you want.
See Other Related Articles;
How to Back Up Samsung Phone? (The Ultimate Guide)
How to Factory Reset Samsung A10e ( Step-by-Step Guide)
HOW TO SET DEFAULT RINGTONES?
Depending on your Android phone model, you can choose from several stock ringtones. Here’s how to find and search for them:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select Sound.
- The sound settings provide numerous options for adjusting your device’s volume levels and tones. These will differ slightly depending on your device and the version of Android it is running, but they should be fairly similar. Locate and select the Phone Ringtone option.
- From here, you can see a list of ringtones or ringtone categories that are available on your device. You can listen to a ringtone by tapping it once. When you’ve found one you’d like to use as your default ringer, tap OK or Save to save your choice.
HOW TO SET DEFAULT RINGTONES ON SAMSUNG PHONES?
The process for setting a ringtone on a Samsung device is slightly different. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start the Settings app, then select Sounds and vibration.
- Select Ringtone from the list.
- Select the ringtone you want to use with your phone.
- Finally, tap the back arrow at the bottom of your screen to set your new ringtone. To exit the Settings app, press the Home button.
HOW TO USE A CUSTOM RINGTONE ON ANDROID?
When compared to an iPhone, the process of using a custom ringtone on Android is relatively simple. But, before we get into the specifics, it is important to note that the steps differ slightly depending on which Android device you have – this is due to the fact that there are numerous different custom interfaces available on the market.
We’re using the stock Android experience as a guide to show you how to use a custom ringtone. On your device, you will need to follow the same steps.
- Choose the audio file in.MP3 format that you want to use as a custom ringtone and save it to your Android phone’s ‘Ringtones’ folder. This can be done using a PC or a file manager app on your device.
- After placing the audio in the appropriate folder, navigate to Settings > Sound and vibration > Phone ringtone.
- Select the audio file you want to use as your custom ringtone by tapping the My Sounds option.
- Tap the plus (+) button, then Save.
Ringtones typically last between 30 and 45 seconds. As a result, you may need to trim your audio file. There are some dedicated apps on Google Play that allow you to turn your favorite song or melody into a ringtone. To trim the audio, you can use any audio editor on your PC, such as Audacity.
HOW TO SET A CUSTOM ANDROID NOTIFICATION SOUND?
After you’ve set a custom Android ringtone, you might want to go a step further and change your Android device’s notification sound as well. First, download the message tone or notification sound you want to use before proceeding with the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings on your smartphone.
- Choose Sound and vibration.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Default notification sound.
- Choose Custom > Select from files and select the audio file you want to use as your new notification sound.
You can use the same method to change your default message tone to a custom one.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD NEW RINGTONES FROM YOUR COMPUTER?
The simplest and least expensive way to get new ringtones is to transfer them over from your computer. Most Android devices can use regular music files as ringtones.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Android device to your computer. Typically, you can use the cable that came with your charger.
- To view your notifications on your Android device, swipe down from the top of the screen. A system notification should appear indicating that your device is connected via USB for charging. Tap on the notification.
- A new dialog box appears, allowing you to specify the purpose of the USB. Select File transfer. Your computer may launch a window displaying the phone’s storage. If it does, proceed to Step 6.
- If your computer does not automatically navigate to the phone’s storage, launch Windows Explorer or another file browser.
- Navigate to the location where your device is mounted. This is the same location where your computer shows connected USB drives. It’s This PC in Windows.
- Locate and open the Ringtones folder in your Android device’s internal storage.
- Fill this folder with any music files you want to use as ringtones. Return to your phone’s Sound settings and look for them among the default system ringtones.
HOW TO SET ANDROID RINGTONES FOR SPECIFIC CONTACTS?
You can set different Android ringtones for different contacts if you want to know who’s calling before picking up your phone or even looking at it. This will make it easier to identify the caller and will keep you from getting tired of hearing the same default ringtone all the time.
Follow the steps below to assign an Android ringtone to a specific contact. Please keep in mind that the instructions may vary slightly depending on the smartphone you’re using.
- Locate the contact you want to set the ringtone for in the Contacts app on your phone.
- Select Edit from the contact’s settings.
- Scroll down and click on Ringtone.
- Under Ringtones, you can select one of the preset ringtones or Custom to create a customized ringtone from a media file for your contact.
- Return to the Edit Contact page and click Save after you’ve chosen the appropriate ringtone.
Repeat the process to assign different ringtones to different contacts on your Android device.
WHERE TO FIND RINGTONES ONLINE?
If the default ringtones on your phone don’t provide the level of customization you desire, go to Google Play and search for ringtones. Many apps, both paid and free, appear in the search results. Here are two free apps to think about:
Ringtones and Wallpapers for ZEDGE
When you download the ZEDGE app, you can make your phone a conversation starter by downloading free ringtones. Notification sounds, app icons, alarms, and free wallpapers are also included. You can download and use a high-quality ringtone for each member of your family or friend. There are rock, rap, and country categories, as well as classic ringtones and sound effects. From within the app, you can assign the ringtones to specific contacts.
When you download the RingDroid app, you can use up to 30 seconds of a song in your media library to create a ringtone. It takes some time to get used to the interface, but once you’ve made a few ringtones, the process becomes simple and efficient.
HOW TO CHANGE ANDROID RINGTONES USING ZEDGE?
Third-party apps and websites can also be used to find and install new ringtones on your Android device. Zedge is a popular app in this category. It’s an Android customization app that will help you create a unique look and feel for your smartphone, with a focus on wallpapers and ringtones.
Zedge makes it simple to download and set new ringtones within the app with just a few clicks. You can use the free version if you don’t mind the ads, or you can pay for a subscription if you plan to use Zedge frequently. Here’s how to use Zedge to change the ringtones on your Android phone.
- Launch Zedge on your smartphone.
- Open the menu in the upper-left corner of the screen and select Ringtones.
- You can browse the audio files by music genres, popular songs, or even countries or search for a specific track within the app.
- When you’ve found a ringtone you like, select it in the app.
- Choose Save > Set Ringtone.
- Allow Zedge access to your media files by selecting Allow.
Standard ringtone updated will appear as a pop-up message, indicating that you successfully changed your Android ringtone. You can also use Zedge to customize your notification, alarm sound, and contact ringtones and save your favorite ringtones to your phone for future use.
CONCLUSION On How To Change Ringtone On Android?
Changing your ringtone is more than just a way to customize your smartphone. It can also help you be more productive. Setting different ringtones for personal and professional contacts on your Android device, for example, will help you keep the two worlds separate.
If you’re nostalgic about that one old Nokia phone you used to have, you can also find a ringtone that sounds exactly like the real thing.
FAQs About Ringtone
How do I get a custom ringtone on my phone?
Go to Settings > Sound > Phone ringtone to make that audio your new default ringtone. You’ll see the options for your primary ringtone here, and your new audio should appear in this list if you saved your custom clip in the correct folder in a compatible format like MP3.
Why can’t I change my Android phone’s ringtone?
Go to Settings > Sound to change the ringtone. Change the ringtone in the Phone ringtone section. Change their ringtone if you use different tones for different contacts and are experiencing the same problem with a specific contact.
How do I make a song into a ringtone?
Tap Phone ringtone > My Sounds, and then click the + icon at the bottom right of the screen to add a new ringtone to your list of default options. You can select songs, artists, albums, genres, or a track from a folder.